Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Grammy's

t year we entered  and won a contest from Wonderlist for a trip to the Grammy's.  When we moved out to Calgary we figured our win was forfeit as it was an Ontario only contest, however,  Wonderlist graciously let us keep the prize (and saved a little cash as it is actually cheaper to fly to LA from Calgary than Toronto). We had one more hiccup before we could plan the trip.  As we had moved across the country we also left behind all or our friends and family and had no one to watch the kids. One of my husbands wonderful co-workers, Jenny (and her fabulous mom) offered to come to the house and watch the kids so we could go. I am truly grateful ladies, I will never forget what you did.

So on a chilly Saturday morning, Jeff and I, headed out on a comfy Westjet flight to sunny Los Angelas for a once in a lifetime trip.


Embarrassingly (I'm 42 and graduated from Travel and Tourism) I never realized that California could get so chilly and my wardrobe was slightly inadequate.  Although it really didn't faze me as I had just left -20 so even the "chilly" L.A. weather felt to me.

Our hotel Luxe City Centre Downtown
View from the fabulous hotel bar
When we arrived on Saturday afternoon (after our 1st celebrity sighting of P Diddy or whatever the hell he is called now at the airport) we quickly checked into our hotel, had a delicious snack at the upstairs bar (scrumptious Tuna Tar Tar & the lovely bartender Analee)  and unpacked.  As we didn't have much free time we decided to take a tour that afternoon that  would show us a bit of everything.  Completely forgot to write down the name of the tour company but it was a lot of fun and the driver/tour guide kept us entertained for the 3 hours.

Hollywood Walk of Fame



Rodeo Drive

Beverly Hills

Celebrity Houses. I was a good girl and didn't spit on Tom Cruise's House (yes I was really tempted)

Bieber's
Elizabeth Taylor's
Gene Kelley's house
Shatner's House
 We had a spectaculr, and really expensive dinner at this Japanese restaurant called Katsuya. The food was out of this world and the wine delicious.   Hey it was a once in a lifetime thing so we had to do it.

The next morning we headed out on a seriously long bus trip to the Santa Monica Pier.  Worth the time but it really set our day back.

The Beach was deserted, except for us touristy types, so we got to really enjoy the sights.  I got to dance around in the ocean and Jeff and I just enjoyed the beauty and time to actually spend with each other without the kids.







We decided not to go early to the Grammy's and just enjoy the pier.   At the last minute we raced back to our hotel and got our-selfs prettied up and ready to go.


The whole thing was just surreal. It was like being at a rock concert and they played all your favorite songs.  I was even rocking out to Justin Timberlake and Taylor Swift and I don't even really care for their music. They really know how to put on a show. It would have interesting to actually have access, or at least be able to see up closer the celebrities but other than that we had a fabulous time.


After the event we wanted something a little more low key so we headed out to this pub right beside the Staples Centre. We had a scrumptious, yet seriously overpriced, dinner.

On Monday morning we headed to the airport, where we waited in the line behind the yummy (and Canadian) Justin Chatwin from Shameless. But I was a nice respectable Canadian  girl and didn't take a picture when he was bending over and taking off his shoes and belt while going through security. My sweet hubby did get out of the way so I could get a better look of his behind

Oh yeah almost forgot. Had some excellent customer service while preparing for the event.

The Friday before I left I received a spa day at SunPark Spa and Wellness Centre from Jeff.

Had a relaxing spa pedicure and gel nails from the funny and lovely Jenny.   It was followed by a nice massage by Trish. Also since the owner, Sharon, didn't want me wrecking my pedicure she actually drove me to work so that my nails would have extra drying time.  Now that is customer service and will now be a regular customer.  The decor is fabulous and it was just a relaxing, yet fun place to be pampered.


The Outfit above was picked for me at the Guess at the Southcentre mall. The girl who helped me (whose name I cannot remember but she was beyond awesome) was tons of fun and made me go out of my comfort zone to pick something that was a little funky, yet totally comfortable and appropriate for me. What do you think guys?

1 comments:

bolubeyi said...

I and my daughter suffers from spina bifida. We are living in Turkey.
We also have problems in orthopedic and urologic.
I wish you all heathful. We also have a forum on our website.
http://www.spinabifidaturkey.com

Post a Comment