Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Man I have the best friends EVER -- who love me for who I am

Check out what Amanda posted on her blog -- I really truly am blessed with awesome friends -- she actually made me cry -- no lying!
Also check out her blog at: http://vanmiera.wordpress.com/
She is an incredible person to spend time with always an intersting take on things and not afraid to speak her mind which is what I love best about her
Spina Bifida Spirit Wheel Walk Run
March 11, 2009

For those of you who don’t know, I have a lovely friend at worked named Jen. Jen is shameless when it comes to helping her boys. I suppose most mothers are but Jen actually points it out which makes it more endearing in my humble opinion. It is not uncommon to get 3 e-mails in an hour letting you know that there are less than 5 chocolate bars left and then a friendly visit with the remaining bars in hand and a jingle of change in her pocket in case you only have a twenty dollar bill.

Jenn has done the typical school stuff that all kids get sent home with but the charity that she will become especially ruthless for is the Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus Association of Ontario. Now when I say she gets ruthless, I mean she really uses dirty tactics. Try getting an e-mail with a picture of her boy attached in a Superman or Batman costume with a big smile and try to tell her you won’t buy one of her $20 calendars or subscribe to a magazine. I bet you can’t. I can’t.

This year, since she has the extra time off from work after just having a second child, she is helping with what I believe is an annual event the SB&H puts on. The Spirit Wheel Walk and Run helps raise money for organization. I am posting to encourage everyone to take a look at Jen’s blog about her work with this event and some of the things that she has experienced raising a child with spina bifida. If you would like to get involved, I am sure that you could contact Jen directly through the blog (or she is on first class as Jennifer Rayment for us Humber folk). Or, if you would like to donate for her walk, feel free to e-mail me and I will get you whatever details you need.

Jen’s Blog: http://porterrayment.vox.com/
SB&H Site: http://www.sbhao.on.ca/

Information on how to pledge online: https://www.canadahelps.org/DonationDetails.aspx
- Under Fund Designation, choose 2009 Spirit Wheel Walk Run
- In the box marked Message/instructions for Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus Association of Ontario-SB&H – type in Jennifer Rayment

0 comments:

Post a Comment