Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Things never to say to a mom of a child with Spina Bifida

Hey, didn't you know you are supposed to take folic acid, than your kid wouldn't be disabled" -- and yes I have been asked this question many a time.
Since my mother and father raised me well, I usually use it as an opportunity to educate them about Spina Bifida and bite my tongue from saying anything nasty.
What I really want to say is "Yeah I know I did Crack too -- is that bad?"
Also other things never to say to a pregnant woman or a new mom
"So 7 years between kids -- was it an accident"
"Your kid is adopted couldnt you have a child of your own" - adopted children are the same as so called natural children -- Just ask Angelina
"Are you breastfeeding?" -- My boobs not yours, back off!
"Why is your kid still in diapers"
"You're not planning to have a second child? What if the first one dies in an accident?"
"Oh my god you are so huge"
"What did your mom do wrong to make you have spina bifida -- Jake was asked this one
"whats wrong with your son" --

0 comments:

Post a Comment